Sunday, November 28, 2010

Fudge


Low Carb Coconut Fudge
Today I was craving chocolate and I’ve been experimenting with some healthier recipes for sweet treats. I based my fudge off of a recipe I found a while ago, but I wanted to add some coconut into mine for extra protein and bulk. The best thing about this fudge is that it takes no more than 25 minutes to make and then you have delicious little squares of chocolaty goodness. The end result satisfied my chocolate cravings and was a hit with the rest of my family too. I suppose you could make these bigger and add in nuts for fudgy bar type thing too.


Fudge

Ingredients: 
  • 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
  • ¼ Cup Eyrithritol
  • Stevia extract (to taste, start with ¼ tsp and add more until you’re satisfied, I used NuNatruals brand)
  • 2 tsp Vanilla extract
  • ¼ Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  •  1/3 Cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut
 
Method:
  1. Melt erythritol and coconut oil in a small pan, mix in all remaining ingredients and taste until it’s as sweet as you want it, add more shredded coconut if it still looks oily.    
  2. Spread onto wax paper on a small cookie sheet and form a rectangular mass, pressing it together.   
  3. Freeze until hard, about 10-15 minutes, and cut into 12 squares. Store in freezer.

Nutritional Info:

I didn’t include the eyrithritol in the nutrition information since it’s a calorie free sugar alcohol. I calculated using fitday.com
  • For whole batch: 774 Calories, 80.2g fat, 25.2g carbohydrates, 15.6g fiber, 7.8g protein
  • Per serving (12): 65 Calories, 6.7g fat, 2.1g Carbohydrates, 1.3 g fiber, .65g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment