Eggnog is one of my favorite holiday drinks, and custard is such a classy dessert. I decided to put them together to make this eggnog custard. Super easy to make this mixes up in just a few minutes in a blender. You could also just drink the “batter” as eggnog if raw eggs don’t weird you out (and you could always use pasteurized eggs for it too). I was almost tempted to drink it as I was pouring it into my little ramekins, but I’d rather eat custard than drink it. To each their own : ) This could also easily be made dairy free by substituting thick coconut milk for the cream. Baking the custard in water helps it bake evenly and stay smooth in texture. If I make this again I might consider taking out the egg whites and adding in some more cream to make it extra rich, but it’s not bad the way it’s written, it’s just a lighter but still creamy custard, that’s all.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 Cup Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp Stevia (it bakes out so make it a bit sweeter than you’d want it)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300°F and boil some water.
- Combine all ingredients in blender and whiz until well mixed but not too foamy, pour into 3 ramekins.
- Place ramekins in a baking dish filled with boiling water. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until set (a solid jiggle, not a liquid one) You can place foil over the top of the baking dish if you’re worried about the tops getting too brown.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top and serve warm (if you’re impatient like me) or chilled.
- For whole batch: 668 Calories, 60g fat, 6.7g carbohydrates, 21.4g protein, 4.5g alcohol (from the vanilla extract)
- Per Serving (3): 223 calories, 20g fat, 2.3g carbohydrates, 7g protein, 1.5g alcohol