Sunday, April 17, 2011

Whole23 update


Well I ended my whole30 early. I was sitting there wondering why I constantly deprive myself of foods that can be part of a healthy diet that I really enjoy. I love my grassfed butter, organic peanut butter, yogurt and hard Italian cheeses. Also I was feeling super burned out so I decided to not torture myself anymore, it’s not like the whole30 police are gonna come and arrest me for ending a week early.
Food wise I’ve been thoroughly enjoying cheese again but I found a way to make use of extra chicken skin too!
Chicken Skin Bacon
What you need:
As much leftover chicken skin as you want
What you do:
Pan fry the chicken skin over medium heat until outsides are brown and crisp. I end up cooking everything on my stove on medium high, but you might get better crispier results if you cooked it at a slightly lower temperature for a longer time. I need to do more experimenting and build up my patience. 
Pieces of chicken skin happily frying away
My Final Creation: A salad topped with chicken skin bacon, caramelized onions, and my balsamic vinaigrette dressing

1 comment:

  1. Perfectly fried chicken skin would work as well as bacon on a wilted spinach salad. Thanks for the creative addendum.

    ReplyDelete