Sunday, March 20, 2011

Whole30


I've been having some trouble with moderation in my diet and wasn't quite sure what to do to achieve a healthy, long term, sustainable diet that will keep me looking and feeling my best. There have been way too many celery & peanut butter, and chocolate & nut binges recently. I'd have a bunch of whatever the offending food was and then swear "I'll do better tomorrow" only to find myself dipping a spoon into a jar of peanut butter or noshing on some chocolate chips again. 

Ultimately after eating way too many gross chemical M&M's (They didn't even taste that good!) I decided to end this unbalanced way of eating for good. 

I decided to kick things off by doing another, stricter whole30 (I did one in January but ended up living off almond butter and didn't feel too great, I kind of missed the point I think).  I'm really focusing on eating the foods I feel good on, lots of vegetables, some meats eggs and a bit of fruit.  

One thing is I love food and I love cooking so there will be lots of tasty (AND healthy) food in my future. Today is Day 1 and I enjoyed:
  • Greek Salad with tuna, olives, avocado, a bunch of other veggies and homemade Greek dressing. 
  • A bowl of organic raspberries
  • Chicken apple sausage with grilled beets and homemade sauerkraut (the only fermented food I've ever managed to pull off)
  • Half of a very fresh grapefruit (picked yesterday)
Truth be told I feel great and I hope I can keep this up. I'll try to post some food pics later on in my quest for healthy tasty meals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment